Skip to content
KIWI PAINT SOLUTIONS
Toggle mobile menu
CHECK OUT OUR DEAL OF THE DAY!
Deal of the Day
Hardeners & Activators
Refinish Mate Automotive Products Kits
Detail Supplies and Materials
Parts & Repair
Shop By Brand
Site Help / FAQ
Nav Menu 4
Nav Menu 5
Nav Menu 6
Nav Menu 7
Nav Menu 8
Refinish Mate Primate Primer
Quantity in Stock:50
(Gray) 2K High Build Urethane Primer: Urethane Primer is a quality two-component urethane primer/surfacer designed to provide quick build for filling repair areas. These 2K primer/surfacers offer fast dry times with easier sanding, while maintaining very good color hold out and gloss retention. (Mix 4:1:1)
Quality two-component urethane primer-surfacers that
offer quick build for filling repair areas. These primers-surfacers offer fast dry times with easier sanding, while
maintaining very good color hold out and gloss retention.
primer-surfacers meet the National Rule requirement of 4.8 lbs/gallon VOC.
NOTE: Be sure to completely remove all rust or oxidation prior to applying primer. Rust and/or oxidation can be
removed by sand blasting, grinding, or sanding. Liquid metal cleaners may also be used followed by the
appropriate metal conditioner or conversion coating.
• Solvent clean with Strong Wax & Grease Remover or Mild Wax & Grease
• Finish sand with 180-grit sandpaper.
• Re-clean to remove sanding residue with Strong Wax & Grease Remover.
• Strong Wax & Grease Remover and a red scuff pad may be used to remove light surface
oxidation on aluminum. Follow by re-cleaning the aluminum to remove sanding residue with Strong Wax & Grease Remover.
• Wash the surface with mild detergent and hot water, making sure to rinse well and dry with a clean,
dry cloth. Solvent clean with Strong Wax & Grease Remover
• Sand repair area and featheredge as needed, finishing with 320 grit sandpaper.
• Re-clean repair with wax & grease Fast Evaporating Surface Cleaner to remove sanding residue before
priming. On larger areas, the use Mild Wax & Grease Remover may be desired.
• Properly cleaned and conditioned steel, aluminum, and galvanized steel
• Thoroughly sanded and cured paint
• Cured body filler (the use of stain free body fillers on light colors will reduce the chance of yellowing)
• Montana Big Sky® branded Metal Etch Primers and Epoxy Primers.
MIX BY VOLUME
• 4 Parts Primate Primer / Surfacer
• 1 Part Actimate Activator
• 1 Part Urethane Grade Reducer
Refinish Mate Complete Painters Kit
Our Price: $279.00
Deal of the Day Price: $250.00
Refinish Mate Activator Fast
Kiwi Paint Solutions Final Detail
Refinish Mate Basic Painters Kit
Kiwi Paint Solutions Cutting Cream Step 1 (Quart)
Share your knowledge of this product.
Be the first to write a review »