Skip to content
KIWI PAINT SOLUTIONS
Toggle mobile menu
CHECK OUT OUR DEAL OF THE DAY!
Deal of the Day
Hardeners & Activators
Refinish Mate Automotive Products Kits
Detail Supplies and Materials
Parts & Repair
Shop By Brand
Site Help / FAQ
Nav Menu 4
Nav Menu 5
Nav Menu 6
Nav Menu 7
Nav Menu 8
Refinish Mate Primate Primer
Quantity in Stock:50
(Gray) 2K High Build Urethane Primer: Urethane Primer is a quality two-component urethane primer/surfacer designed to provide quick build for filling repair areas. These 2K primer/surfacers offer fast dry times with easier sanding, while maintaining very good color hold out and gloss retention. (Mix 4:1:1)
Quality two-component urethane primer-surfacers that
offer quick build for filling repair areas. These primers-surfacers offer fast dry times with easier sanding, while
maintaining very good color hold out and gloss retention.
primer-surfacers meet the National Rule requirement of 4.8 lbs/gallon VOC.
NOTE: Be sure to completely remove all rust or oxidation prior to applying primer. Rust and/or oxidation can be
removed by sand blasting, grinding, or sanding. Liquid metal cleaners may also be used followed by the
appropriate metal conditioner or conversion coating.
• Solvent clean with Strong Wax & Grease Remover or Mild Wax & Grease
• Finish sand with 180-grit sandpaper.
• Re-clean to remove sanding residue with Strong Wax & Grease Remover.
• Strong Wax & Grease Remover and a red scuff pad may be used to remove light surface
oxidation on aluminum. Follow by re-cleaning the aluminum to remove sanding residue with Strong Wax & Grease Remover.
• Wash the surface with mild detergent and hot water, making sure to rinse well and dry with a clean,
dry cloth. Solvent clean with Strong Wax & Grease Remover
• Sand repair area and featheredge as needed, finishing with 320 grit sandpaper.
• Re-clean repair with wax & grease Fast Evaporating Surface Cleaner to remove sanding residue before
priming. On larger areas, the use Mild Wax & Grease Remover may be desired.
• Properly cleaned and conditioned steel, aluminum, and galvanized steel
• Thoroughly sanded and cured paint
• Cured body filler (the use of stain free body fillers on light colors will reduce the chance of yellowing)
• Montana Big Sky® branded Metal Etch Primers and Epoxy Primers.
MIX BY VOLUME
• 4 Parts Primate Primer / Surfacer
• 1 Part Actimate Activator
• 1 Part Urethane Grade Reducer
Refinish Mate Activator Fast
Kiwi Paint Solutions Liquid Abrasive (Quart)
Refinish Mate Wool Cutting Pad
Refinish Mate Complete Painters Kit
Kiwi Paint Solutions Final Detail
Share your knowledge of this product.
Be the first to write a review »